May 1, 2009

Update: March-April

We've been busy busy busy...but here's finally an update!

Happy Easter! The Easter weekend was busy but really good. We got Sigga Hrönn (the one that lives in Denmark and came to visit in Malaysia) and Christian over for a visit - I met my Sunnie which lives in London and Ásrún for dinner/coffee and me and Oskar spent a night in my father in law's summer cottage (Guðjón and Gyða's) with the rest of the family lying in the hot tub after midnight watching the most beautiful northern lights I have ever seen! And of course we ate a lot of chockolate...

I went to my 10 year high school reunion which was great...finished all of my courses and only have my thesis left - finally!! Me and Harpa have gone to the theatre twice - so cultural...My 12 year old cousin participated in Músíktilraunir with his band (guys around 15/16 years old) where young bands that haven't been published anywhere can compete. They made the finals and my uncle was voted the best drummer!! He's gonna go far...

We've also gone for a couple of mountain walks with the mountain program thingy- went up to Vífilsfell which was a nice evening stroll (2,5 hours ca) but in the end of march we went up to Skarðsheiði. The weather was so bad that we couldn't reach the top - my hair was frozen and we kept falling down because it was so slippery and windy. Apparently, there was great snow avalanche danger in the mountain as well which we did NOT know about - but we managed to get down again.

Sigrún, my older younger sister was confirmed last weekend!! Everything went really well in the church and afterwards, there was dinner in Skíðaskálinn to celebrate where family and friends came together...

Oskar is having exams and is nearly finished with his first semester! Then he'll have the summer off where we're trying to get him a job - if there is a job to be found in this dear country:)

We're also starting to look for an apartment, we lose this apartment in july/august so if you hear of a cheap one - let us know.

So yes, that's what we've been up to lately I guess...otherwise - we're good. The weather has been beautiful lately even though it's been kind of cold (around 10°C these days)...the grass is getting a little greener, birds have started waking us up in the morning, it's bright for much longer in the evening and I've spotted a few flies around = summer is coming!!

Hope that most of you have the day off since it's May 1st! Have a good one...

1 comment:

Sunna said...

Elskur en gaman að lesa. Þakka name-drop ;).

Ástarkveðjur til ykkar mín kæru, mér finnst þið ógó dugleg að vera í skóla og vinnu og að fara í fjallgöngur. Geri aðrir betur.