May 29, 2009

Sunflowers........

Gooooooooood day

And we moved! We're getting our things together from different family members who've kept a box here and there while we lived abroad...even though we had absoloutely nothing - somehow we got a tv, a coach, shelves, a kitchen table, fridge and other things! Thank you all of our lovely family members who had spare things:)

We're loving the new neighbourhood and we're close to everything! My grandparents brought us some roses and my mother a beatiful sunflower (my ultimate favourite flower) which is hopefully not dying already in my window...better go and water it a little bit. Hmm...

Oskar got all of his grades and did ridiculously well in all of his courses! My brilliant man...

Other great news are that we both got a job!!! Oskar got a job at Gogoyoko - doing marketing and related things (check out www.gogoyoko.com to know more about that...) and I got a job at the Social Science Research Institute of Iceland. We both start tomorrow!! :) Brilliant.....

Oskar will then return to school in September (perhaps with a job on the side) and I'll finish my thesis this summer. Busybusy as always.

The last few weeks we've basically been moving - studying - went to Grundafjörður with my grandparents to watch my cousin Diljá graduate and we've also enjoyed a few beautiful days where we could (yes, we're not kidding) bathe in the sun with friends down town!

The first summer we spend in Iceland for a few years is starting well.....

So now we're just packing up the last boxes - buying this and that in IKEA and getting settled. Everyone are welcome to come for a cup of coffee at Auðarstræti 13 - I might even make some pancakes!

Then my mother in law and Jörgen (her boyfriend) will come to Iceland from Denmark where they live - to visit and because Agnes turns 30 on the 13th of June. Looking forward to that as well....

Have a good one...

2 comments:

Sigga Dögg said...

hey til hammó með starfið hjá félagsvísindastofnun!!! hversu lengi og í hverju??? okay róa sig, það er á leiðinni til mín póstur, er það ekki annars :) ???
knús á ykkur og til lukku með íbúðina!

Vala said...

Takk love - var að ýta á SEND!